Jr. Digital Designer
You can turn a strategic brief into an insightful, engaging, and effective digital campaign. You love brainstorming ideas and bringing them to life through cutting-edge design. You’re ready to take your mad creative skills and do some good in the world by marketing what matters and helping non-profit organizations.
As a Jr. Digital Designer with 2-3 years of experience, you’ll report to the Associate Creative Director, and will work closely with Art Directors, Writers, Strategists, and Production Designers to develop fundraising campaigns that are strategically sound, visually engaging, and flawlessly executed.
- Receive and interpret creative and execution briefs, have a basic understanding of marketing, strategy, target audience, positioning, etc.
- Bring creativity and strategy to life through strong, contemporary graphic design
- Take work from initial concept through to final execution, building technically accurate files
- Conceive and execute creative concepts in tandem with a copywriter
- Present and share concepts and designs with internal team members and clients
- Collaborate with team members throughout the agency
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Stay on top of trends and maintain best practices
- Minimum 2-3 years of proven working experience as a Jr. Digital Designer in an agency (or comparable) setting
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Acrobat), and a bunch of other programs you may never use – but you’re that good!
- Strong production skills, leveraging the above programs to produce technically accurate files on par with the latest industry standards
- Expertise in digital best practices and aptitude to identify the latest design/market innovations
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Arts, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, or equivalent graphic design/art direction experience
- MOST IMPORTANT, exceptional creative/conceptual ability and impeccable design sense that is proven by an outstanding creative and design portfolio!
Who is Blakely?
We are a diverse and smart team who value transparency, collaboration, hard work, and curiosity. We value people above all else and we demonstrate that in our team, in our work, and within the amazing relationships we nurture every day with our clients.
As a workplace that strives to create a culture based on inclusivity and teamwork, we believe that our culture is our biggest competitive advantage. We provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, colour, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, disability, visible or invisible.
We need YOU – an accomplished Jr. Digital Designer who wants to make a difference in the world – to join our growing creative department.
This is a location flexible position, the successful candidate will be able to choose where they do their day-to-day work either from home or the Blakely office, located in Aurora, ON. This position can also be fully remote, it is considered remote if you live more than 150 kilometres from the Blakely office.
For non-remote workers, there will be a requirement to come into the office occasionally for meetings and meet in person with clients as the role requires. For remote workers, there will be a requirement to come to the Blakely office for in-person meetings occasionally with reimbursement for travel based on Blakely’s policy. The salary range for this position is $40,000-
$50,000, commensurate with experience, and if the position is remote/non-remote.
If this description sounds like you, please send your COVER LETTER, RESUME and A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO to email@example.com. We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates of interest will be contacted.
Begin your journey with us in 2022, and let’s inspire people to do more.